Please find below an overview of the application process for the two types of Canada-Israel R&D initiatives supported by CIIRDF: feasibility studies and full-scale R&D projects. Please note: the eligibility criteria are the same for both types of proposals. The Proposer is assured of the confidentiality of the review in all cases. Please review the Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement prior to proposal development and submission.
- For collaborating Canadian and Israeli firms that require a preliminary investigation to determine the technical feasibility or market viability of a new product or process, CIIRDF may grant up to a maximum of CDN $20,000 to support 50 percent of the feasibility test costs. Such awards are made on the understanding that a formal proposal for a full-scale R&D project will be submitted by the companies should the feasibility test yield positive results. CIIRDF's President has the authority to approve funding for feasibility studies based on advice from technical experts in both countries.
- Applications for feasibility studies do not require much detail, and are typically assessed by CIIRDF within two weeks of receipt. Please download the Handbook for additional information on the application process.
Full-Scale R&D Projects
- For a full-scale R&D project, CIIRDF will contribute up to 50 percent of the R&D project costs up to a maximum of CDN $800,000. Following an R&D project application review, the CIIRDF President submits recommendations to the CIIRDF Board, which convenes semi-annually to review and take action on these proposals. In some cases, the Board may choose to evaluate exceptional proposals throughout the year. Approval by the Board does not necessarily mean that the maximum funding amount will be granted to the collaborating Canadian and Israeli firms. Additional detail on the full-scale R&D project process may be found in the following document: Flowchart (PDF)
- Download Guidelines and Budget Templates for full-scale R&D project proposals in Word format.
New: The complete application should be sent to CIIRDF with ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON CORPORATE INVOLVEMENT. Please refer to pages 17 and 18 of the CIIRDF Guidelines and Budget Templates for additional information on this requirement.
- Prior to submitting a full R&D project application to CIIRDF, please develop and submit a project summary outline to firstname.lastname@example.org. CIIRDF will review this outline and advise companies (in writing) how best to proceed towards the development of a full R&D project proposal. The review of a summary outline is typically complete within two weeks. Download CIIRDF Proposal Summary Template.
- Applications for full-scale R&D projects require sufficient detail for a thorough assessment of both the project and the proposers. Please download the Handbook for additional information on the application process.
- Applicants are also encouraged to review the sample Cooperation and Project Funding Agreement in the Handbook.
Once completed, please send an electronic copy of the proposal by email, and a signed hard copy by mail or courier to:
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: CIIRDF, 371A Richmond Road, Suite 3, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K2A 0E7